Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Turtle Bark

When I saw this recipe from Chocolate, Chocolate and More Chocolate, I knew I had to try it!  These are sooooo AMAZING!!  They are also quick and easy to make!  I only deviated slightly from the original recipe.  I used my favorite melting chocolate-Peter's Westchester caps instead of the chocolate bark.  (Local friends- you can get the candy melts at the Cake & Candy Connection in Moweaqua.)  I used 20 oz. of the caps, 1 bag of the caramel bits, and 6 oz. of pecan halves.


Place the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl.  Melt in microwave.  I do this 20 seconds at a time, stirring in between.  I HIGHLY recommend sticking to the 20 second intervals.  The chocolate will melt quickly.  It will likely only take a minute or so total time to get it completely melted.

Get your pecans and caramel bits open and ready to dump in the chocolate!

The chocolate is ready!

Pour in the caramel and pecans and coat well!

Pour mixture onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper and spread to desired thickness.

 
Look at all those bits of caramel and pecan!!!
 
Turtle Bark
 
 
20 oz. chocolate candy melts (or chocolate almond bark)  I used Peter's Westchester caps- Wilton makes candy melts too.
1 package Kraft caramel bits
6 oz. package of pecan halves
 
Place chocolate in microwave safe bowl and melt in microwave at 20 second intervals stirring in between until completely melted.  This will take about 1- 1 1/2 minutes total.  Add pecan halves and caramel bits to the melted chocolate and coat completely.  Pour mixture onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.  Spread mixture to desired thickness making sure it is evenly distributed.  Cool on counter or in fridge until set.  ( I put mine in the fridge for about 15 minutes.)  Cut into desired size pieces and store in an airtight container.
 
Shared on:
 
 
 


5 comments:

  1. mmm I love turtles! I am just getting into baking, and this gives me a great spark. Thank you for the recipe.
    Garrett @TheGrowingPatch
    www.growingpatch.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! Simple & delicious, my kind of recipe. :)
    Thank you for linking up with the Clever Chicks this week; I hope you’ll join us again!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, peanuts are coated well. Looks good and tasty. I like this turtle dark chocolate

    ReplyDelete